Withdrawal Agreement Carte De Sejour

EU residence permits issued to British nationals and their family members will no longer be valid from 1 October 2021. An online application must be submitted on this website in order to obtain a residence permit marked “UK withdrawal agreement from the EU”. To learn more about the european citizens` residence card, click here. Please note these links to an archived page – all information contained in the archive page is irrelevant, as the UK has left the EU under the terms of the withdrawal agreement that British citizens and their family members living in France before 31 December 2020 must apply online by 1 July 2021. You will receive a residence permit marked “UK Withdrawal Agreement from the European Union.” As of 1 October 2021, all British nationals must be in possession of a special residence permit under the withdrawal agreement (if they arrived in France before 31 December 2020), either via a standard residence permit (if they arrived in France on 1 January 2021 or after). However, those who arrive in France after the withdrawal date or after 31 December 2020 in the event of a withdrawal agreement will have to sign a republican integration treaty in the same way as third-country nationals. At present, France is the only EU country (with the current exception of the UK) that has not required EU citizens moving from another EU member state to register as legal residence after three months. This means that most UK citizens in France have not applied for a residence permit – in fact, figures from the Home Office indicate that only a minority of people have done so so far. If you have already applied for a Brexit residence permit without a deal between 9 October 2019 and 31 January 2020, you do not need to apply online again. Your application has been reviewed and will be processed by the prefecture before the requirement to have a residence permit is enforceable against you. Residence permits issued under the withdrawal contract are provided free of charge. British citizens who arrive in France from 1 January 2021 and who do not have family ties to a British citizen covered by the agreement are granted a residence permit in accordance with national law. It is likely that the cards will follow the EU-pass-of-stay types.

Article 21, paragraphs 2 and 3, of the French Civil Code states that “no one may acquire French nationality or be reintroduced into that nationality if he (…) either a non-express decision that was not expressly revoked or overturned, or a ban on French territory that was not fully enforced.